What Do Voters Want from their Political Leaders in Congress and the White House?
We’re making progress for all Americans now. The Obama Administration and Democratic majority House and Senate have passed landmark legislation that benefits all citizens of all parties. President Obama has made good on his promise to “create change we can believe in.” Historians agree that President Obama in just two short years has enacted more important legislation than any President since Lyndon Johnson and possibly since Franklin Roosevelt.
Here are some of the key accomplishments of the Obama Administration to date:
1) Passed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (Stimulus)
Signed: Tuesday, Feb. 17, 2009
- This act helped prevent a major depression brought on by failed economic policies of the Bush administration.
- This act gave states money to create jobs.
2) Children’s Health Insurance Reauthorization Act
Signed: Wednesday, Feb. 4, 2009
- This Act made sure children with Health Insurance can keep their insurance and not be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions or for other reasons
3) Passed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
Signed: Thursday, Jan. 29, 2009
- This Act helped end pay discrimination against women
4) Passed the Credit CARD Act that protects credit card holders from unfair and predatory practices.
- Credit Card companies cannot raise rates without warning
- Statements are more easily understandable and explain how much a person will actually pay if they pay more than the minimum balance each month
- Cash advances have no interest rate tacked on if paid within the first month of the statement and much more…
5) Improved Health Care for Our Veterans through the Caregivers and Veterans Omnibus Health Services Act of 2010
Signed: May 5, 2010
6) President Obama signs landmark Wall Street Reform: Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
Signed: July 21, 2010
This morning the President signed yet another landmark piece of legislation putting the middle class above the special interests that for so long had a stranglehold on America’s government. To get an entertaining overview of what’s involved in Wall Street Reform, from ending bailouts and holding Wall Street accountable to the strongest consumer protections ever, take a few minutes to watch our entertaining animated video or get into the nuts and bolts on our Wall Street Reform page.
7) Passed Needed Health Care Reform that
- Makes Health Care More Affordable
- Holds insurers more accountable
- Eliminates pre-existing conditions
- Eliminates life-time caps on a person’s health care policy
- Enables parents to keep their children on their policy until age 26
Voters Must See Through Media Spin of Fox News and Rush Limbaugh
Contrary to media spinmeisters over at Fox, the Obama Administration has accomplished many good things for all Americans through historic legislation.
Will Americans have the Courage to Stop Partisan Politics of Senator Mitch McConnell and Rep. John Boehner?
In 2008 Americans voted for change. President Obama did his best to work with Republicans with every bill before Congress in 2009 and 2010. However, Republicans refused to work with President Obama in a fair civilized manner. Instead, they continually mischaracterize key legislation that benefits all Americans and have done everything they can to prevent key legislation from passing.
It is crystal clear from direct statements and actions of Senator McConnell and Representative Boehner that they only want to stop progress of the Obama Administration and prevent any meaningful legislation from passing. Their gross misuse of the filibuster and obstructionist tactics in the Senate and House are deeply disturbing. Republicans have not allowed a simple majority. They filibuster everything solely for political reasons as the following video shows. Their actions reveal clearly that they no longer care about all Americans.
Chart: Record Breaking Republican Obstructionism! (Courtesy of Rachel Maddow)
Countdown Keith OLbermann McConnell lays out GOP blueprint
The Republican Party’s number one goal for the next 2 years
What kind of leaders do Americans need in Congress in order to create more jobs and enable all Americans to develop their unique talents and abilities to live with happiness and dignity?
True Leaders need to be able to listen to each other across party lines and work together for the sake of all Americans. The mean-spirited negative rhetoric with racist undertones spewing from Fox News undermines the fabric of the greatness of this country. The United States has a rich heritage of diversity. Hopefully, Americans will awaken their inner wisdom to truly see who the genuine leaders are to enable all Americans to achieve their limitless potential through excellent stewardship of this nation. May they all go to the polls and caste their vote and have it properly counted. That is the badge of a true democracy.